NEW HOME/BUILDING RADON TEST SERVICE: TEST, FIX, SAVE A LIFE
Did you know Signature inspection service now provides Radon testing for your home or your commercial building?
WHAT IS RADON & WHY BE CONCERNED?
Radon is a colorless, odorless gas produced by the decay of naturally occurring uranium in soil and water typically found in the soil under the foundation of a home or commercial property.
WHY RADON TESTING?
According to the National Cancer Institute,
Radon exposure is 2nd leading cause of lung cancer behind smoking. https://www.cancer.gov/aboutcancer/causes-prevention/risk/substances/radon/radon-fact-sheet
What does the EPA say about radon exposure? See https://www.epa.gov/radon
RADON TEST INFORMATION
● Radon tests take 48 hours
● Requires the Radon test equipment to be placed in the house/building and left in a safe place to be uninterrupted.
● The windows/doors must remain closed, except for brief entrance/exits.
● Fireplaces, fans, humidifiers, should not be operated during the testing.
● The typical cost for this test is $200.
RADON MEASUREMENT REPORT
● You will receive a Radon test measurement report to determine the safety of the occupants of your home or commercial building.
● The report is read and interpreted by your Signature Inspection Service Radon test trained building inspector.
● The equipment tests your home/building every hour to determine changes of Radon exposure with the effect of temperature, humidity, and air pressure.
● The test will determine your measured average Radon level of the property tested
● The average Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Radon level minimum is 1.3 pCi/L indoors in the U.S. and the maximum is 4.0 pCi/L and above would be recommended for mitigation.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD RADON TESTS BE DONE?
At least once every 5 years as radon levels can change over time.
WHAT IF MY HOME/BUILDING HAVE A HIGH LEVEL OF RADON PRESENT?
If the test determines an above average level of Radon, Your Building inspector will advise you of what needs
to be mitigated for safe occupancy.